Boron nitride is a crystal composed of nitrogen atoms and also boron atoms. The crystal framework is separated into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), very closely stuffed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) and also cubic boron nitride.
The crystal structure of hexagonal boron nitride has a similar graphite layered framework, revealing a loosened, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and other properties of white powder, so it is also called "white graphite". Academic density 2.27 g/cm3, particular gravity: 2.43, Mohr hardness = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has good electrical insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical stability, no apparent melting factor, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, heat resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral reduction ambience, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen and argon, poor security in oxygen environment, and temperature listed below 1000 ℃. The expansion coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride is equivalent to that of quartz, yet its thermal conductivity is 10 times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not liquify chilly water. When the water is steamed, it hydrolyses really slowly and generates a small amount of boric acid as well as ammonia, which does not respond with weak acid and also solid base at space temperature. It is a little soluble in warm acid and also can just be decayed with molten salt hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Qualities
1. High heat resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its stamina at 1800 ℃ is twice that at space temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to room temperature level for lots of times, as well as does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed products coincide as pure iron, and 33W/M. K has the highest possible thermal conductivity amongst ceramic materials over 530C.
3, low thermal growth coefficient: the development coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is 2nd only to quartz glass, which is the tiniest in ceramics, paired with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is great.
4. Excellent electrical properties: good insulation at heat, 1014 Ω& Omega;- cm,2000 at 25 ℃ as well as 103 Ω& Omega;- cm at 25 ℃. It is the best heat insulating product in ceramics, with failure voltage 3KV/MV, low dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric constant 4, transparent to microwave and also infrared.
5. Good rust resistance: it does not respond with basic steels (iron, copper, light weight aluminum, lead, etc), unusual earth steels, rare-earth elements, semiconductor products (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, molten salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), not natural acid as well as antacid.
6. Reduced friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not raise at heat, is more immune to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide as well as graphite, oxidation atmosphere can be used up to 900C, vacuum cleaner can be utilized at 2000 ℃.
7. High pureness excellent B is high: its impurity content is much less than 10PPM, however B web content is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its hardness is Morse 2, so it can be processed right into parts with high accuracy by general machining approaches.
What is hexagonal boron nitride utilized in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be made use of in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite ceramics, progressed refractories and also superhard materials, splitting up rings of straight continuous rolling steel, heat immune lubricants and also heat finishings, along with raw materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold launch representative for metal forming and also a lube for steel wire illustration.
2. Unique electrolysis and resistance products of boron nitride at heat.
3. Boron nitride appropriates for high temperature strong lubricants, extrusion antiwear ingredients, ceramic composite ingredients, refractories as well as antioxidant ingredients, particularly for molten steel Faustian occasions, warm improvement ingredients and high temperature resistant insulation products.
4. Boron nitride is suitable for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor and additive of polymer such as plastic material.
5. Boron nitride products pushed right into various forms can be made use of as heat, high stress, insulation and heat dissipation elements.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal shielding material in aerospace.
7. With the involvement of stimulant, cubic boron nitride can be transformed right into cubic boron nitride as hard as diamond by high temperature as well as high stress treatment.
8. Boron nitride is the structural product of atomic reactor.
9. Boron nitride is suitable for the nozzles of aircraft and rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high regularity power and also plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging product to stop neutron radiation.
12. The superhard material made from boron nitride can be made right into high-speed cutting tools and drills for geological exploration and also oil boring.
13. Boron nitride is used in metallurgy for splitting up ring of continuous casting steel, flow groove of amorphous iron, demoulding agent of continual casting light weight aluminum (numerous optical glass stripping representatives).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all type of capacitor film plating, image tube plating, display plating.
15. Boron nitride is suitable for all kinds of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and so on.
16. Boron nitride is a variety of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, hallmark gilding materials, all type of cigarette labels, beer labels, product packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride appropriates for cosmetics. Can be used for lipstick fillers, non-toxic and lubricating, however likewise shiny.
Boron Nitride Price
The price is affected by many variables including the supply and also demand in the market, market trends, economic task, market view, and also unanticipated events.
If you are looking for the most up to date Boron Nitride powder rate, you can send us your questions for a quote. (email@example.com)
Boron Nitride Provider
Technology Co. Ltd. is a relied on BN supplier and BN provider with over 12-year-experience. We deliver our items all over the globe.
If you are searching for high-quality Boron Nitride powder, please do not hesitate to call us as well as send out a query. (firstname.lastname@example.org)